Sunday, September 23, 2007

Food, fabulous, food!

Morning play.

For nearly 2 months, I've been trying to get Hannah to actually eat a meal of actual food. For about 3 weeks, the longest nap she's taken has been an hour, and that's on a really good day. By the middle of last week, I was desperate for one of the two issues to resolve itself and was having major mommy guilt over feeling like all I do is complain about my daughter.

Empty dishes. Woo hoo!
Sure enough, the next day baby girl ate enough food to be considered a meal for a small person such as her self!! We're still working on finding the magic timing to get this to be a regular occurrence, but it's definitely improving. My dreams of an open-minded eater who will try anything are fading, but who needs to eat anything besides yogurt and sweet potatoes? My feelings are hurt by the fact that she seems to prefer the organic jarred stuff to my home made, but at least she's eating something!

To top things off, Hannah napped for nearly an hour and a half this afternoon. That means Andy and I got to eat lunch and sneak in a cat nap on the couch - golden.
Our fun recent baby/kid purchase is a bike trailer. Andy's knees really don't allow him to run much, so this means we can finally get out as a family for our weekend exercise. Hannah seems to enjoy the ride and even smiles at Momma riding alongside. In personal exercise news, I'm a bit disappointed that I won't have lost all of the baby weight in 9 months, but I have worked back up to running my 9-mile loop around the lake on the weekend. It takes a lot longer with diaper and bottle breaks, but it is fun to have a buddy along. My goal is to be ready for the Half Marathon in November, and it's going to feel great to run it without the stroller!
We're off to Denver this weekend to visit Andy's sister, Claire. Nothing like a hike in the Rockies to get Autumn off to a good start!

Favorite way to be - standing up! She's getting quite adept at manipulating our hands to a position that allows her to pull up. Key word, manipulate!
Daddy's little girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you're making Hannah's food! I still make Ethan's, but I'm lucky, he's a terrific eater. But keep trying with her! Mealtime is definitely a challenge in our household as well!