Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mountains!


We're getting settled into our rental house in Louisville - slowly getting through the boxes and grateful for a big 2-car garage to store all our extra stuff in! I'm on a bit of mama overload, since Hannah's not going to "school" yet and we don't have our playgroup and friends to distract us. Now that we're here and have internet, I can focus on looking for a part-time job and some part-time child care. In the mean time, we're making the most of some amazing (if not freakish) warm weather and our new natural playground!
While waiting for the truck (and jogging stroller!) to arrive, I remembered that our carrier backpack was at Andy's aunt Sandy's house, so I retrieved it and took Hannah on a hike in the Flatirons. Chautauqua Park is just 15 minutes from our house, just 5 minutes past Andy's office. I only did about 2 miles, but with 30+ pounds on my back, I was seriously sore for a few days!
This morning, the aforementioned - and wonderful!! - Aunt Sandy came over to watch Hannah for a few hours. Andy went biking with a co-worker and I hit a local trail for a long run. Crushed gravel, views of the Flatirons and the Front Range behind with new snow, and a brand-new calf just off the trail, hobbling around it's mama. What a way to start the day!
For those who aren't familiar with the Boulder area, it's known for "open space", which is undeveloped land that's accessible by the public. I think some is private and some government owned. So you may be running around a reservoir, along a creek, or through a pasture. Many of the neighborhoods have trails that lead to open space, so a lot of the county is linked by trail. A lot of the trails are a decent surface for wheels, so they're BOB-able. Trail runs mid-week is an idea that really makes me happy.

5 comments:

Paula said...

Just thought I would check and see if you were posting yet! So glad you guys are getting settled in. Enjoy the amazing weather and beauty. Keep in Touch.

Paula

Paula said...

Just thought I would check and see if you were posting yet! So glad you guys are getting settled in. Enjoy the amazing weather and beauty. Keep in Touch.

Paula

Rebekah Baker said...

Wow! Sounds amazing. So I guess your probably not missing white rock lake. HA! Miss you and hope your setteling in.
Rebekah

Amy said...

Dreamy! Just wait 'til you have your social network up and running!

GuillotFam said...

So picturesque!!! I just read a short-version of your post to Maddie. She's been asking about Hannah and her new house. :) Miss you all!

Amanda