Monday, July 23, 2007

Big baby

I've been really blown away by the idea that Hannah is now a big baby! No more newborn - even the 3 month clothes are finally too small. She sits well, with only the occasional tumble, and she usually rolls on to her stomach to sleep. She has also figured out (finally) how to get back onto her back from her tummy. This means a lot less crying when she's turned over, though she still gets frustrated when she's tired, but don't we all! The best part of this is engaging with her. I feel like she's starting to show real affection, not just the "you keep me alive and I love you for that" type. She loves to smile and squeal, and even giggles a bit more. She surprised me by getting scared when I imitated one of her loud cries to Andy - busted out a full pout and just had a good cry over it!

We now have both pairs of Wellies I wore as a baby and child. The smaller pair were boxed up at my parents', while the larger pair had been gifted to a family friend in Virginia many years ago. She surprised us by returning them when we visited last month! After much wiggling to get the little ones on Hannah's feet (not sure how, but they fall right off after having to be jammed on), we managed to get a decent photo. Her legs need to be longer so the boots don't pinch her "full" thighs!

Hannah tried rice cereal for the first time this weekend. First off, in the process of making it, I ended up tasting formula. I don't know how she stomachs it, much less wolfs it down like she's on the brink of starvation. So rice cereal is basically that with little lumps. Think sour milk with bits of fake snow. Despite Hannah's affinity for formula, you can see what she thought of the cereal. We'll keep trying to see if it's the taste or just the idea of lumpy stuff on a spoon! (The sequence actually ended with her happy washing it down with the last of her bottle.)


No comments: