Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wish us luck - and sleep!

Vintage! My old "Ba Boo Boon" t-shirt (now you know my secret nickname from my Dad!) and some crunchy mesh grocery bags. Hannah/Lindsey circa 1977.

Drum roll, please... it's time for the big girl bed. I picked up a little toddler bed from someone off of Craig's list a few weeks ago, and Hannah spotted it in the garage and has been talking about it ever since. So we're taking the plunge tonight. And this is what we have so far.

Yes, that's our baby under there. After all my hard work to make sleep sacks for her so she wouldn't cover herself with the blanket at 1 year, here she is at 2 (and a quarter!), with the blanket pulled all the way up over her head. So now we're doing some blanket rearranging and hoping for a full night's sleep.

Other recent fun - we went on a hike at Chautauqua with Nick, Anna and the kiddos a few weeks ago. The kids had a great time hiking together, and with the exception of Hannah taking a big digger on the downhill, a good time was had by all.

Checking out a fuzzy caterpillar! They all had to walk over every rock on the trail. Not the fastest way to get down, but still fun.

Less fun, but kind of exciting, I guess, is my job search. So now I have full-time teaching offers and have to figure out if I'm ready to go back to work full time or can turn them down and hope for the perfect part-time opportunity to materialize. Ugh. I feel really fortunate to have any job offer right now, but I have this image of the perfect part-time teaching job where I still have time to focus more on Hannah. I have to decide by tomorrow morning - wish me luck.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Glad to see things are going well. Little girl #2 is growing nicely in my belly. We had swim lessons with Audrey & Patrick today. Seems like you guys made a good move. Libby is still in her crib and I don't want to move her until she begs me. Take Care, Wendy Cone