Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"I'm a big girl now"


Recent afternoon hike at Beaver Meadows in Rocky Mountain. For those of you who are still thinking of visiting - we do this stuff every weekend!!

How many posts begin with thoughts about how big my baby is getting? She's wearing undies!!! Her wonderful Thursday/Friday day care got her to stay dry and use the potty for all that's intended for last week, so we started underwear Friday afternoon. Of course she's had an accident every day, but she's actually doing pretty well. And every time she goes to the bathroom she says "I wear undies now. I'm a big girl." And it's so cute and so unreal that she really is a big girl now.
Besides the potty thing, Hannah's latest obsession is singing, which of course just thrills me! She's learned a lot of new songs at school, and I'm always amazed when she starts singing something that I haven't sung with her in a year, if ever. Her preschool has a music teacher come all three days she's there, which is pretty cool. She also loves to improvise and make up new words or just plain new songs - love it!!
In other news - teaching is going more smoothly than I thought, and I'm no longer so tired every day that I panic about surviving the rest of the school year. Though I am awfully tired every day and I have been staying up way too late.

No comments: