Monday, August 18, 2008

Catch up: Hannah stuff

Hannah's grown up so much while I've been neglecting the blog! I know I'm going to forget a lot, so I'm going to be lazy and list...

Words - she's really into this whole speaking thing these days. Most of her words are still starting sounds (or random sounds from the middle or end of a word), but Andy and I are usually able to translate for those who don't speak Hannah.

Lovey-dovey - she still loves to give hugs and kisses, and they're more often than not the pucker kind rather than the wide-open-mouth super-drooly variety! She can also say hug ("ughh") and seems to have possibly pick up "a choo" as an attempt at mimicking "I love you." She and I will go back and forth trading a choo's, hers with varying levels of hilarity in the pauses, full-body emphasis, and giggle. What could be better?

Helping - her ability to follow directions is really amazing. I guess you could call them 2-step directions, since it usually involves going and getting something, then bringing it to us or putting it somewhere. So cool! In general, we're pretty impressed at how much she understands when people speak to her.

Laughs - oh, how the girl loves to giggle. She's an excellent tickle-ee, peek-a-boo (that's "pee" in Hannah) artist, victim of surprises, and observer of all things funny. I love that she and I are able to laugh together!

Independence - she definitely has a shy side around new people, but pretty quickly warms up to new places and situations. She's a great explorer and flirt. She doesn't seem to be afraid of much, but she did have some moments of sheer terror/glee watching her Baba pretend to be an airplane. She would say and sign done when he stopped - so cute!

Eating - who new that this would be the most stressful part of parenthood, from day one 'till ??? The rule still seems to be "let nothing green pass these lips", and protein is a mixed bag, but so far she'll still drink her "Super Smoothie" - straight out of the jar. (It's going to be sad when she can read and I'm ripping the labels off greenbeans and rice baby food.)

Sleep sacks - it totally snuck up on me, but they've become her lovey/blankie/cuddly thing. When she's tired, she'll go find one of them and bring it to where I am and lay down with it. We've talked about trying to wean her off them, especially in the heat, but I still come back to the fact that she can't climb out of the crib in one (though she did her her feet good and stuck yesterday) and she can't claw at the eczema on her legs all night. Plus it's a great source of price that I made the two that she uses most of the year.

No comments: